Sunday, December 14, 2008

a gift...

I've received a challenge from one of my photographer friends in Fargo, ND, Lisa Nelson of Lisa Nelson Photography... a challenge to experience the blessing of giving to others this holiday season. I've accepted the challenge...now it's your turn. :)

Here's the scoop (words by Lisa!): You know someone. You know someone who's experienced a tradegy, is struggling to stay afloat, is raising kids while holding down more than one job, or is volunteering selflessly despite extenuating personal circumstances. You know someone who can't afford custom photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season. You know someone who deserves a year-round reminder of their family's spirit, love and beauty.

You know someone. I guarantee it.

I want to know who they are, and I want to give them a chance to experience complimentary custom photography- $480 worth, to be exact. I'm giving away a sitting fee, $150 in print credit and the CD of all pictures($300)...it's in your power to give them the artwork they deserve this holiday season.

Oh and another great part? The person who nominates the winner receives a $100 print credit. What better reason to show some love could there possibly be, people?

The Details:

You cannot nominate yourself :), and the person nominated must sincerely be incapable of purchasing my services.

The nominee must reside in St Cloud or surrounding area. Tell us who you know, what they're experiencing, and why they deserve my artwork. Please include a way to contact both your nominee and yourself as well.

Email me the full story: www.simplyexpressive@yahoo.com

The winner will be announced on Christmas Eve...get nominating! I can't wait to read all of your entries!

Open your heart to someone this holiday season-and thanks for giving me an opportunity to open mine.

This is a nation wide photographers challenge and I am so thrilled to be a part of it. Right now there are 303 photographers and over $300,000 donated so far!

Jes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jes, you can continue to amaze me with your big heart! I know whomever receives this gift will be forever grateful to be reminded how much loved ones are a gift and should be cherished and remembered. -sarah liz :)